- refrom chemistry education to maximaze its importance and positive impact.
- steer chemistry literacy to be used in all levels of school in promoting personal, national and global wellbeing.
- support the students to become more innovative and motivated to study and entrepreneur.
Description of the training course
This course offers the teachers the curriculum- and research-based tools, how to tackle the environmental challenges with the help of chemistry education. Hardly any topic is as important as the quality and sufficiency of the natural resources on Earth. We need to solve these challenges. The participants learn how chemistry contributes the challenges in extending the sustainable welfare and prosperity for all living creatures.
Training course answers three main questions:
- How to include different types of activities related to sustainable development in your chemistry teaching throughout the school year?
- What topics are highly important to teach, but yet not taught?
- How to assess the students’ performance?
All participants get a free book, which is based on a Ph.D. thesis of the trainer.
The modern teaching of chemistry is holistic and focused on environmental and responsibility education. The approaches in this course are based on the novel research about student-centered, interdisciplinary and inquiry-based teaching methods.
When it comes to different teaching topics, chemistry education is more controversial than ever before. The field of chemistry creates welfare and provides solutions to our problems, but also produces great problems that we are not able to solve for the time being. Inspiring teaching of chemistry takes both of these sides into consideration.
After the training, the participants can apply the basic concepts of life cycle assessment and green chemistry to every product that is dealt with in chemistry class. Teachers learn how to inspire their students to study chemistry by using socio-scientific issues. The focus is in understanding and solving the challenges of the world by using chemistry skills.
It is challenging to assess student-centered inquiry-based pieces of learning in a big class of students. This course helps the teachers to develop their assessment practices towards the most important curriculum-based learning goals.
More information: email@example.com